I hope you enjoy this article! It went out to my subscribers earlier this month - sign up here to get my monthly newsletter with articles like this, product specials and sales and interesting news in natural beauty and wellness. -Kirsten
While you work on saving the world, don't forget to save a few minutes for yourself. Bathing and grooming are naturally soothing activities for most of us. Having some easy, pleasurable, non-toxic ways to give your body some loving attention is a great go-to for when life is stressful or overwhelming.
1. Swimming Dragon Oil: designed to relax and release the flow of energy in the body, Swimming Dragon Oil combines Chinese herbs, natural oils and essential oils for an uplifting, relaxing experience that leaves you feeling like you have room to breathe. Put a few droppers into a warm bath with epsom salts, apply to neck and shoulders, or use for a foot massage
2. Clay Face Mask. Using a face mask pretty much requires that you have some peace and quiet. Retreat to your bathroom or boudouir, slather on a face mask like Clarifying or Regenerating and let yourself get grounded with clay and herbs. Follow up with:
3. Three-in-One Serum facial treatment. Calm and moisturize skin with a treatment like Three-in-One Serum. Apply serum liberally, and then cover your face with a warm washcloth. Leave it on until the cloth has cooled down. You can repeat a few times for a thorough steam. Breathe. The essential oils in the serum like lavender, geranium and sweet orange are great for your spirit as well as your skin. Wipe your face clean.
4. Hare Oil Treatment. If your hair is dry and brittle, you can treat all of it by brushing or finger combing a small amount of Hare oil through your hair, from root to tip. Don't forget to give yourself a scalp massage! If just the ends are dry, warm the oil in your hands and rub gently onto the ends. Wrap your hair up and wash out in the morning, or not if your hair has drunk it up. PS you can also do this with a beard!
5. Serious Stress Buster. If you're feeling the kind of tension that's got your neck and shoulders in knots, take a moment for some self massage with a healing balm. Ginger Menthol is great for tension induced headaches, Basic Balm has a soothing herbal honey scent, and BeLoved Balm brings rose, lavender and geranium together in a bouquet just for you. The base of your skull, sides of your neck, and tops of your shoulders will all benefit from loving, gentle self-massage.
Stress is a cumulative health concern that affects our quality of life every day. Giving your physical being a few minutes of tender care every day is a great way to counteract some of those effects. Relax!